THE ULTIMATE FOUNDATIONAL COURSE – LEARN THE CORE BUSINESS ANALYSIS KNOWLEDGE YOU CAN BUILD UPON AND START YOUR BUSINESS ANALYST CAREER THE RIGHT WAY.
Set yourself up for success and learn all the key concepts you’ll need to thrive in your Business Analyst career!
With over 10 years working as, hiring, and managing Business Analysts, I’ve gained a lot of valuable experience and knowledge. And today, I want to share that information with you. I’ll help you take the first step in a long and productive career in business analysis.
In this course, I have condensed everything I’ve learned in all my years working in the industry into a comprehensive guide to the basic elements that make up the most important tool in any Business Analyst’s career – your foundational knowledge.
Building a successful future without a strong foundation is an impossible task…
But when you have one in place, it’ll give your career the strongest possible start, and put you in a position to take the fullest advantage of the opportunities and experiences that come your way and achieve the success you’re dreaming of!
So, whether you’re an aspiring Business Analyst or one that’s new to the role – let this course be the first step in of a lucrative and satisfying career.
Course enrollment grants you lifetime access, with no expiration, to all the course lectures, activities, handouts, and quizzes. In addition, you’ll also receive 1-on-1 support for any questions or uncertainties that come up. And this all comes with a money-back guarantee. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain.
Just ask the students who’ve already taken this course:
★★★★★ "The pace is perfect for those who are actively engaged, and there is a lot of value in the lectures, activities, and additional resources provided. I wholeheartedly recommend this course." - Kenni
★★★★★ “The course is just awesome! Tbh [to be honest], I did not expect much from the online course and was really surprised when it turned out to be sooo interesting. The information is well-structured and divided into sections which makes it really easy to understand and grasp the important points. I enjoyed the way Jeremy conducts the lectures and truly hope to enroll into some more of his courses in future! Thanks a ton” - Nataliia
★★★★★ “Great quality work. I like how Jeremy breaks everything down, so it's understandable even if you don't have any background in the business analysis. Awesome courses!!!” - Oleg
Why be a Business Analyst in the first place?
- Potential Earnings – Let’s be honest it’s the main reason we work in the first place. So, you’ll be happy to hear that a typical Business Analyst (BA) earns over $78,000 per year. And that is only the average. Work hard, continue to increase the value you provide, and just imagine how much you could end up earning!
- Market Growth – The Business Analysis job market is expected to grow at a rate of 19% over the next 10 years, so get in now and take advantage of an industry that’s on the rise. In fact, per the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, American employers will need 876,000 business analysis related professionals in 2020. It is a great time to be versed in business analysis!
- Career Springboard – The skills you learn as a Business Analyst are crucial to a host of many other professions, everything from IT to Business. This career path isn’t just a job, it’s an investment in your future.
- Use Existing Industry Knowledge – Similarly, the skills you’ve learned outside of the business analysis world are highly valued in the industry – so rather than starting anew, you can be put your experience to good use.
- It’s Never Boring – With new projects always on the horizon, and different challenges to tackle each day, the role of a Business Analyst never grows stale.
So if you’re looking for a challenging and rewarding career, I highly encourage you to take a serious look into business analysis!
What exactly is included in this course?
- Business Analysis basics – learn what a Business Analyst is, what they do, and how they do it
- A breakdown of six project methodologies including traditional Waterfall and Agile frameworks
- Learn how to properly initiate a project by creating a business case that aligns with the business objectives
- Understand the basics of project requirements and six of the popular techniques used to elicit those details from your stakeholders
- Gain an overview of various modeling diagrams to help you recognize and understand project documentation
- Conduct requirement specification - including categorizing, deriving (breaking apart), prioritizing, and validating
I’m not just the instructor who wrote this course, I will also act as both a resource and a mentor to guide you to a long and rewarding career in Business Analysis!
This is what my students had to say about the content of this course:
★★★★★ "The course is awesome, didn't see similar before. Like how Jeremy explains, how he highlight key points and how he provide us by different types of a very useful templates, which we can use in our daily job. Really, excellent course, and will wait with a big impatience for another ones. Highly recommended for everybody who wants to become an experienced business analyst. Jeremy and his courses will definitely help you to achieve your goal!" - Aykhan
★★★★★ “If I had to rate this […] I would give 10 out of five!! this is one of the great lectures I have ever had. Extremely satisfied and learnt a lot!! Thanks Jeremy!!” - Swati
★★★★★ “Great inside knowledge from Jeremy, clear and concise. Explains Business Analysis concepts in a way that is easy to understand and gives a solid base of the fundamentals.” - German
I understand – you’re a Business Analyst at heart and you like to have all the information at hand before making a decision… so here’s a list of extra bonuses that are included, as part of your enrollment to the course:
- Access to a searchable Business Analyst Glossary – Never again will you feel lost in a sea of complex terms and acronyms. This searchable glossary is an essential tool that makes it easy to recall and understand all the “Business Analysis Speak” you come across (on and off the job!)
- A Business Requirements Document (BRD) Example Template – so you can utilize your newly learned requirement documentation skills. Documenting requirements into a template like a BRD may play an integral part of your day-to-day as a Business Analyst.
- A Business Case Template – Organize your thoughts and sell the value of your project by using our intuitive and easy to follow template
And if you’re still not sure – here’s my promise to you:
This course comes with a money-back guarantee! That means, if you aren’t completely satisfied with your purchase, I’ll give you a refund – no questions asked!
By the end of the course, you’ll have the knowledge and the means to apply that knowledge, to not only become a Business Analyst – but to excel at it.
So, if you have any interest at all in making your career as a Business Analyst a successful one, enroll today, and get started learning the fundamentals of the job today!
Come learn with more than 330,000 students from around the world!
Hello! My name is Jeremy Aschenbrenner, but many know me better as The BA Guide, and I'm happy you are here.
I’m a veteran Business Analyst with thousands of projects completed throughout my career. I've managed business analysis projects for companies in diverse industries including health care, telecom, automotive, transportation, consumer packaged goods, car rental agency, food and beverage, financial services, consulting, and more.
Through personal experience, I quickly learned that business analysis can be confusing and even intimidating. There’s endless business jargon, technical terms, techniques, and methodologies to learn, and countless visual diagrams, artifacts, elicitation sessions, interfaces, and KPIs to wrap your head around. I’ve been there and learned all of that. Many years ago, I also learned a valuable lesson about myself: I really enjoy mentoring others. This was the inspiration for The BA Guide.
Here is where I come in and offer guidance.
I take that broad world of business analysis and build a structure and processes within it. I then break down those individual segments until they are easy to understand by using real-life examples and scenarios to make them relatable. Finally, to help solidify and reinforce your knowledge and understanding of these key concepts and processes, I follow up with activities and quizzes.
Whether you’re an aspiring or current Business Analyst, The BA Guide courses are created with you, the learner, in mind. By design, the courses I’ve created are optimized for flexible learning in video format so you can learn at your own pace, when it’s convenient for you.
If your goal is to explore the world of business analysis or upskill and advance your career, whether that be as a Business Analyst, an Agile Analyst, a Process Analyst, a Product Owner, an AMAZING Administrator, or anything in-between, I'd love to help.
Feel free to post on the course Q&A board, message me on Udemy, or connect with me on social media. I look forward to helping you reach your personal and professional goals.
"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't – you're right." - Henry Ford
StartBusiness Analyst Glossary of Terms + Download (2:50)
StartSoftware Development Lifecycle Overview (7:16)
StartScrum [Agile] PART 1 (13:12)
StartScrum [Agile] PART 2 (14:23)
StartRapid Application Development (RAD) [Agile] (11:17)
StartSoftware Development Life Cycles Knowledge Check
StartActivity: Software Development Life Cycles Brainstorm