Business Analysis Process: Project Initiation - 3 Course Bundle
Learn how to identify the business problem at its root cause, conduct a strategy analysis to uncover the best solution, and fully plan the project to successEnroll in Course
The bundle contains the first THREE courses in the Business Analysis Process Series!
- Identify and Define the Problem - Use business analysis techniques to identify a business pain point, find its root cause, and sell the value of fixing it
- Conduct a Strategy Analysis - Learn business analysis tools and techniques to recommend solutions and strategies that produce business value
- Plan the Project - Increase your value as a Business Analyst by learning how to plan projects successfully without a Project Manager
Your enrollment into the Project Initiation Bundle includes:
- 16+ hours of high-quality video lectures that break down all the concepts into easy to understand, step-by-step formats.
- 25+ Business Analysis Templates so you have all the tools you need to immediately apply your new skills on the job.
- 30+ Practice Activities and Quizzes to help you retain your learning and give you an opportunity to put your new knowledge to the test.
- 100-page Student Workbook that will enhance your learning and give you a reference resource after you’ve completed the courses.
Course #1: Identify and Define the Problem
BECOME THE BUSINESS ANALYST EVERYONE WANTS TO WORK WITH BY LEARNING HOW TO SOLVE AN ORGANIZATION'S PROBLEM, BEFORE THEY MAKE A COSTLY MISTAKE.
Many organizations think that the most important thing to do when faced with a problem is to solve it as quickly as possible – but they couldn’t be more wrong.
Abraham Lincoln famously once said “give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe”, when talking about the importance of preparation – and that advice can apply to solving business problems too.
Companies will often want to jump straight into finding a solution without taking the time to prepare and fully understanding the problem – this results in sub-optimal solutions, or worse, a solution that doesn’t even solve the problem.
It is your responsibility as a Business Analyst to prevent this from happening…
And this course will teach you exactly how to do that.
What you'll learn:
- Learn to properly identify business problems, pain points, and opportunities utilizing various tools and techniques such as interviews, observations, surveys, and more
- Understand how to break down the identified problem into its root causes through techniques such as the Five Whys and the Fishbone Diagram
- Create a Project Proposal that details the problem and the value to be gained from solving it
- Learn how to turn your problem and value proposition into an approved project
- Utilize the included student workbook to not only absorb and retain the information but also to use as future reference
Just ask the students who’ve already taken this course:
★★★★★ "The manner in which Jeremy instructed this course is top-notch. He explains concepts in a way that is easy very to understand and also provides concrete examples and scenarios to back up those concepts which made the course very engaging. He is also extremely responsive in answering questions. This course authored by Jeremy is highly recommended and I look forward in taking more BA courses instructed by him. - Philip
★★★★★ "The course is awesome, didn't see similar before. Like how Jeremy explains, how he highlight key points and how he provide us by different types of a very useful templates, which we can use in our daily job. Highly recommended for everybody who wants to become an experienced business analyst. Jeremy and his courses will definitely help you to achieve your goal!" – Aykhan
★★★★★ “Jeremy courses are the biggest contributors to my understanding to business analysis. This is my 4th course I'm taking of his. Great lecturer” - Kyle
Course #2: Conduct a Strategy Analysis
BECOME A BUSINESS ANALYST WHO CAN TAKE AN AMAZING IDEA FROM A GRAND VISION TO REALITY BY UNDERSTANDING THE CURRENT STATE OF AN ORGANIZATION, WHAT THEIR FUTURE STATE COULD LOOK LIKE, AND HOW TO HELP THEM BRIDGE THAT GAP.
Use business analysis techniques to create and recommend the best strategies and solutions to help your organization meet its goals.
When an organization has a big idea but doesn’t have a clue how to bring it to life, it is your responsibility as a Business Analyst to help them bridge that gap…
And it’s my responsibility as The BA Guide to teach you how!
What you'll learn:
- Learn how to assess and analyze the current state (as-is) of an organization to get a good feel for their structure, culture, and capabilities
- Understand how to properly define project success by identifying the conditions that need to be met within the future state (to-be)
- Understand how to use gap analysis to uncover the necessary changes to get the organization from the current as-is state to the future to-be state
- Learn how to utilize the brainstorming and workshop techniques to identify, assess, and mitigate risks to the project and the organization
- Learn how to determine viable solutions and recommend the best solution to meet the business needs and fill the identified gap
- Gain the ability to conduct a cost-benefit analysis to validate when the recommended solution will give a return on investment
- Learn to create a Business Case that gets approved by tying all of the learned details together into on succinct document that provides reasoning and financial
Let’s hear what our current students have to say:
★★★★★ “This is a great course! The real life examples are great for new or inexperienced BAs to connect to the theories taught to real world. A very comprehensive course and excited for the next courses in this series.” – Amy
★★★★★ “I am a college student that is studying science. Not once did I ever consider business as a career option for me. That goes to say I do not have a business background. However, Jeremy explains fully and in detail of each lecture perfectly to where I can understand. This is awesome.” – Sandhya
★★★★★ “The courses provided by Jeremy and the BA guide are fantastic! I'm currently working through my 5th Business Analysis course and I continue to be amazed at the quality of the courses. I have learned an incredible amount and would recommend the course to anyone looking to increase their business skills.” - Camden
Course #3: Plan the Project
OVER 40% OF PROJECTS FAIL BECAUSE OF A LACK OF PLANNING - BECOME ONE OF THE FEW BUSINESS ANALYSTS THAT ARE TRAINED IN USING PROJECT MANAGEMENT TECHNIQUES AND SEE MORE PROJECTS THROUGH TO SUCCESS
The top-cited reason by organizations for not planning a project is not understanding how to plan.
And since many organizations don’t have the resources to put a Business Analyst and a Project Manager on the same projects, they often expect the BA to take on the responsibilities of both.
Leaving you in charge of the planning.
And since the majority of Business Analysts aren’t trained in the role of project management – you’re often stuck in an embarrassing and stressful situation.
This course will teach you how to use project management techniques to put together a robust step-by-step project plan that’ll not only help ensure a project’s success but also save your organization time and money…
As well as keep you one step ahead of your competition while you do it.
What you'll learn:
- Gain the ability to identify, analyze, manage, and involve stakeholders based on their needs and the needs of the project
- Learn how to create a Project Charter and facilitate an official project kickoff
- Learn how to create a requirements management plan by defining the level of detail, storage and access needs, traceability, reuse, and change control process of the project
- Understand how to break down the large project into workable activities
- Learn various estimation techniques to estimate the effort to complete the project
- Gain the ability to create both an adaptive (agile) or predictive (waterfall) project schedule
- Understand how to complete a Quality Plan that outlines expectations for testing and quality assurance, managing defects, and training
- Learn how to conduct release planning for both adaptive (agile) and predictive (waterfall) projects
- Gain the ability to identify and set performance measure for both the project and for business analysis
Let’s hear what our students have to say:
★★★★★ “The course is great for both new and experienced Business Analysts who want to streamline and finish their learning mode. It takes you step by step of the whole project planning phase. […] The course is perfect, it really teach you a lot, I know it because I have taken full business analysis courses online and offline from a couple of instructors and no one is better.” – Talai
★★★★★ “Course continues to exceed my expectation. Jeremy presents the information in an easy to understand. I recommend his courses to all that have an interest in Business Analysis or Project Management.” - James
★★★★★ “Jeremy's in-depth knowledge on the role of business analysis is quite transparent and shines through. Breaking down that role and clearly explaining the requirements and how to measure the KPI to be successful as a business analysis is quite informative. Thank you Jeremy.” - Saul
Hi there! My name is Jeremy Aschenbrenner and I am so glad you have found me!
I am a veteran Business Analyst with more than 1000 completed projects. I've done business analysis work for companies in many industries including health care, telecommunications, automotive, agriculture, consumer goods, financial services, food and beverage, and more.
I created The BA Guide to break down the barriers to becoming a Business Analyst. Throughout our various courses I teach you what you need to know in order to start your Business Analyst career.
But I don't just stop there. Once you have successfully started your Business Analyst career, I ensure you are successful by providing training on techniques, tools, and best practices.
When I am not behind a computer I love to spend time with family and friends, enjoying some warm weather, and if I'm lucky, with a cold drink in my hand and sand between my toes.
I am here to serve you so please don't hesitate to email me ([email protected]) or contact me on social media. I look forward to helping you reach your goals!