OVER 40% OF PROJECTS FAIL BECAUSE OF A LACK OF PLANNING - BECOME ONE OF THE FEW BUSINESS ANALYSTS THAT ARE TRAINED IN USING PROJECT MANAGEMENT TECHNIQUES AND SEE MORE PROJECTS THROUGH TO SUCCESS
The top-cited reason by organizations for not planning a project is not understanding how to plan.
And since many organizations don’t have the resources to put a Business Analyst and a Project Manager on the same projects, they often expect the BA to take on the responsibilities of both.
Leaving you in charge of the planning.
And since the majority of Business Analysts aren’t trained in the role of project management – you’re often stuck in an embarrassing and stressful situation.
This course will teach you how to use project management techniques to put together a robust step-by-step project plan that’ll not only help ensure a project’s success but also save your organization time and money…
As well as keep you one step ahead of your competition while you do it.
Course enrollment grants you lifetime access, with no expiration, to all the course lectures, activities, handouts, and quizzes. In addition, you’ll also receive 1-on-1 support for any questions or uncertainties that come up. And this all comes with a money-back guarantee. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain.
Why do organizations tend to still execute projects without a plan?
The common reasons given are:
- We don’t have time to plan
- Plans only cause constraints and restrict our team
- Things change too much to plan for them
And while these seem like legitimate reasons, they aren’t!
Taking steps upfront to plan the project will actually:
- Help you understand and prioritize project activities – allowing you to manage your time and resources effectively
- Provide direction to team members about their roles and responsibilities – so they can focus on doing their jobs as well as possible, and not waste time struggling to understand what’s required of them
- Allow you to predict changes and possibilities – leaving you in a position to respond to stumbling blocks effectively and spend less time fighting fires
Let’s hear what our students have to say:
★★★★★ “The course is great for both new and experienced Business Analysts who want to streamline and finish their learning mode. It takes you step by step of the whole project planning phase. […] The course is perfect, it really teach you a lot, I know it because I have taken full business analysis courses online and offline from a couple of instructors and no one is better.” – Talai
★★★★★ “Course continues to exceed my expectation. Jeremy presents the information in an easy to understand. I recommend his courses to all that have an interest in Business Analysis or Project Management.” - James
★★★★★ “Jeremy's in-depth knowledge on the role of business analysis is quite transparent and shines through. Breaking down that role and clearly explaining the requirements and how to measure the KPI to be successful as a business analysis is quite informative. Thank you Jeremy.” - Saul
By this point, you’re probably sold on the virtues of planning…
But perhaps you’re intimidated by the idea of learning how to be able to plan any variety of projects – and indeed what aspects of a project you should be planning.
If so, don’t panic.
This course will take you through my 5-Step Project Planning Process. This process will act as a framework for you to use for all your future projects.
The BA Guide’s 5 Step Process to Plan a Project
- Initiate the Project Plan - Learn how to identify and engage with stakeholders, create a Project Charter, and conduct an official kick-off meeting
- Create a Requirements Management Plan - Learn how to define the different aspects of the requirements including the level of detail, storage, access, traceability, reuse, and more, to give you an overview of what needs to be done.
- Define the Project Plan Details - Learn how to break down the project, estimate the effort, and put together a project schedule that ensures the project is delivered on time.
- Conduct Stakeholder Analysis & Engagement - Learn how to utilize various techniques to assign roles, responsibilities, and define a communication plan, so you can stay in control.
- Set Performance Measures - Learn to identify key performance indicators to later validate success and learn from areas of opportunity.
Within each step, you’ll learn the techniques, tools, and skills through the use of practical, real-world examples – meaning you won’t just understand the 5 steps, but you’ll also know how to apply them when the opportunity arises.
What is included in the course?
- Over 5 hours of high-quality video lectures that break down all the concepts covered into an easy to understand, step-by-step format.
- A 35-page Student Workbook that will enhance your learning and your information retention from the course, as well as giving you reference material after you’ve completed the course.
- 13 Business Analysis Templates so you have all the tools you need to immediately start putting together a project plan.
In addition to all the tools you’ll need to start planning the project, you’ll also get a foot into the field by way of an industry expert…
I’m not just the instructor who wrote this course, I will also act as both a resource and a mentor to guide you to a long and rewarding career in Business Analysis!
Still not sure? Hear what others had to say
★★★★★ “The course is very practical and very helpful. Planning, communication and collaboration can save every project. I like much components breakdown of the project. And […] users stories and Agile approach were quite new for me, but Jeremy explained them very well.” – Yury
★★★★★ “I've been working my way through The BA Guide (Jeremy Aschenbrenner) series, and this is #5 for me. These courses are so dependably excellent. Jeremy is deeply knowledgeable & experienced as a BA, and his presentation skills are superb. He also provides templates that alone are worth the price of the course. I can't recommend this series enough.” – Liz
★★★★★ “Jeremy did a great job in explaining the process for Plan the Project course. He enumerated the expectations for each of the sections and provided tips on how to achieve it.” - Gerry
Still not convinced?
And if you’re still not sure – here’s my promise to you:
This course comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee! That means, if you aren’t completely satisfied with your purchase, I’ll give you a full refund – no questions asked!
Whether you are an aspiring or a seasoned Business Analyst, this course is a must.
This course is the third course of the Business Analysis Process Series:
- Identify the Problem
- Conduct a Strategy Analysis
- => Plan the Project <=
- Elicit Business Analysis Information
- Organize, Prioritize, and Manage Requirements
- Analyze, Design, and Model Requirements
- Transition to the Solution
- Complete a Solution Evaluation
Whilst taking the previous course isn’t a requirement, I do recommend it as it will help your understanding of the material covered as we will be building on skills and techniques taught in the previous course lectures.
By the end of this course, you’ll have learned how to effectively plan a project and become an incredibly valuable Business Analyst who doesn't require a Project Manager to be successful.
So, if you’re ready to save your organization time and money and ensure the project you’re in charge of doesn’t become one of the 40% that fails due to poor planning, enroll today.
Hi there! My name is Jeremy Aschenbrenner and I am so glad you have found me!
I am a veteran Business Analyst with more than 1000 completed projects. I've done business analysis work for companies in many industries including health care, telecommunications, automotive, agriculture, consumer goods, financial services, food and beverage, and more.
I created The BA Guide to break down the barriers to becoming a Business Analyst. Throughout our various courses I teach you what you need to know in order to start your Business Analyst career.
But I don't just stop there. Once you have successfully started your Business Analyst career, I ensure you are successful by providing training on techniques, tools, and best practices.
When I am not behind a computer I love to spend time with family and friends, enjoying some warm weather, and if I'm lucky, with a cold drink in my hand and sand between my toes.
I am here to serve you so please don't hesitate to email me ([email protected]) or contact me on social media. I look forward to helping you reach your goals!
PreviewCourse Kickoff and Overview (3:57)
PreviewBusiness Analyst vs Project Manager (2:59)
PreviewAdaptive Methodologies vs Predictive Methodologies (3:37)
PreviewKey Terms Defined - Project, Stakeholder, Requirements (1:19)
PreviewWhy Plan the Project? (1:47)
PreviewCase Study: When Projects Aren't Planned (8:46)
StartThe Basics: Validate Your Understanding