Planning is critical to every project's success!
Yes, even for Agile.
Without a plan, you have no guide for how to execute the project and your chances of failing are high. We've known this forever. In fact, Benjamin Franklin was famously quoted, "If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail!"
✨ Course enrollment includes activities, handouts, quizzes, 1-on-1 expert support, LIFETIME access, and a 100% money-back guarantee! ✨
So why do we still see projects being executed without a plan?
Reason #1: We don't have time to plan
Reason #2: Things change too much to plan for them
Reason #3: Plans only cause constraints and restrict our team
While these reasons are used with good intention, they are all untrue.
Taking the steps up front to plan the project will actually save you time and money.
Planning helps you to...
- Better understand and prioritize project activities
- Predict change and respond effectively to it
- Effectively manage your time and resources
- Provide direction to team members about their role and responsibilities
- Spend less time fighting fires
But what if you don't know what aspects of the project you should be planning?
Don't worry, we are here to help!
This course will take you through our five-step project planning process.
- Initiate the Project Plan - you'll learn to identify stakeholders, create a Project Charter, and conduct an official kickoff meeting
- Create a Requirements Management Plan - you'll learn to define aspects of the requirements including the level of detail, storage, access, traceability, reuse, and more
- Define the Project Plan Details - you'll learn to break down the project, estimate the effort, and put together a project schedule
- Conduct Stakeholder Analysis & Engagement - you'll learn to utilize various techniques to assign roles, responsibilities, and define a communication plan
- Set Performance Measures - you'll learn to identify key performance indicators to later validate success and learn from areas of opportunity
Within each step, you will learn the business analysis techniques, tools, and skills via practical, real-world examples so you can understand how to apply them. This will ensure you not only learn the information but can also utilize it in your current or future business analyst position.
Included in your enrollment:
- Over 5.5 hours of high quality video lectures that break down the concepts into an easy to understand, step-by-step format.
- A 35-page student workbook to aid in your learning and retention of the information and to give you reference material after the course.
- 13 business analysis templates to provide you the resources necessary to plan projects on your own or while on the job.
- Access to an industry expert to provide you advice and suggestions to start or further your Business Analyst career
Hear what our students are saying:
★★★★★ "Nobody breaks down complex topics and techniques like The BA Guide. I still can't believe I now understand this stuff!" -Bob F.
★★★★★ "If you want to learn about business analysis, look no further, you've found the best." -Mohammed R.
★★★★★ "I landed my first Business Analyst job! I credit The BA Guide's training! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!" -Greta G.
This course is the third course in the Business Analysis Process Series:
- Identify the Problem
- Conduct a Strategy Analysis
- => Plan the Project <=
- Elicit Business Analysis Information
- Organize, Prioritize, and Manage Requirements
- Analyze, Design, and Model Requirements
- Transition to the Solution
- Complete a Solution Evaluation
While it is not required you take the previous courses in the series, it would help your understanding as we build on skills and techniques taught in the previous course lectures.
Whether you are an aspiring or a seasoned Business Analyst, this course is a must.
"Don't wait, jump into The BA Guide!" -Safir K.
We look forward to seeing you in the course!
Hi there! My name is Jeremy Aschenbrenner and I am so glad you have found me!
I am a veteran Business Analyst with more than 1000 completed projects. I've done business analysis work for companies in many industries including health care, telecommunications, automotive, agriculture, consumer goods, financial services, food and beverage, and more.
I created The BA Guide to break down the barriers to becoming a Business Analyst. Throughout our various courses I teach you what you need to know in order to start your Business Analyst career.
But I don't just stop there. Once you have successfully started your Business Analyst career, I ensure you are successful by providing training on techniques, tools, and best practices.
When I am not behind a computer I love to spend time with family and friends, enjoying some warm weather, and if I'm lucky, with a cold drink in my hand and sand between my toes.
I am here to serve you so please don't hesitate to email me ([email protected]) or contact me on social media. I look forward to helping you reach your goals!
PreviewCourse Kickoff and Overview (3:57)
PreviewBusiness Analyst vs Project Manager (2:59)
PreviewAdaptive Methodologies vs Predictive Methodologies (3:37)
PreviewKey Terms Defined - Project, Stakeholder, Requirements (1:19)
PreviewWhy Plan the Project? (1:47)
PreviewCase Study: When Projects Aren't Planned (8:46)
StartThe Basics: Validate Your Understanding