FILL THE INCREASING DEMAND ORGANIZATIONS HAVE FOR BUSINESS ANALYSTS WHO CAN EFFICIENTLY AND ACCURATELY RUN SOFTWARE TESTS
Bolster your resume and increase your chances of getting hired by learning how to create test cases, track defects, reduce bugs, and fill your software testing knowledge gap.
An increasing amount of organizations are expecting more from their Business Analysts.
Nowadays it’s not enough that a Business Analyst can elicit and document requirements – companies also need someone who’s going to be able to assist with (or even run on their own) efficient and accurate testing.
This course will teach you the fundamental, repeatable, testing processes and techniques (using real-world examples) that organizations are now asking you to know and understand.
Course enrollment grants you lifetime access, with no expiration, to all the course lectures, activities, handouts, and quizzes. In addition, you’ll also receive 1-on-1 support for any questions or uncertainties that come up. And this all comes with a money-back guarantee. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain.
What does the course cover?
This course will give you practical, hands-on knowledge that you can utilize immediately to make your projects more successful by showing you the proper way to test software. It will cover the following sections in detail:
- Software Testing Basics – This section will summarize exactly what software testing is and why you utilize it.
- Testing Documentation – How to create documents that can track what needs to be tested, be used as a guide to complete that testing, and can document issues as they’re identified.
- Defect Tracking – Learn how to go about logging identified bugs, issues, and defects so you can track and manage them - as well as ensure they get completed and fixed.
- 8 Steps to Successful Testing –This part of the course will give you a repeatable step-by-step process and a hands-on practical application of how to ensure your software testing is successful.
- Final Testing Activity – Here we’ll tie together everything you’ve learned in the course and put your newfound skills and knowledge to use.
What’s included in the course?
- High-Quality Video Lectures explain the complex terms and confusing jargon to ensure you get a concrete understanding of the concepts being discussed.
- Downloadable Handouts enhance your understanding of the topics further.
- Quizzes and Activities validate your learning and increase information retention as well as understanding.
- 1-on-1 Instructor Support means that any confusion or questions you have can be addressed and cleared up easily (no more frantically googling trying to figure out what your course instructor means).
- Lifetime Access with NO Expiration so you can learn at your own pace and come back at any time you feel unsure or are in need of a refresher.
The BA Guide’s TEACH, SHOW, DO technique
This course makes use of The BA Guide’s TEACH, SHOW, DO technique – a method I’ve developed over my years of experience in the industry training and managing Business Analysts. This technique will help ensure you with total comprehension of the topic at hand and maximum information retention long after the course is finished.
- TEACH – You first learn the concept, in detail, from the ground up. But I won’t simply teach you the concept in isolation – you’ll learn HOW and WHEN to use it too.
- SHOW – Once you fully understand the concept, we enhance that by walking you step-by-step through real-world examples – so you can see exactly how the concept would pan out if you were to apply it in the real world.
- DO – Firmly cement everything you’ve learned so far and put your new knowledge to the test by completing the included activities and quizzes. Validate you’ve fully understood the concept and greatly increase your ability to retain the information you’ve learned.
“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn” – Benjamin Franklin
Just ask the students who’ve already taken this course:
★★★★★ " Easy to understand chunks of material and super helpful templates. I'm delving into creating more organized test plans and documentation and this is the perfect jumping off point.” - Suzann
★★★★★ “The course is perfect for a beginner.” – Osarugue
★★★★★ “I've been a software tester for several years and wish I would have had this course offered to me a long time ago. I'm going to recommend this course to all other testers on my project who have not already taken it.” – John
What bonuses are included?
And of course, anyone who has studied one of my courses before will know, it simply wouldn’t be a course by The BA Guide if I didn’t include some value-packed bonus material!
- A Test Workbook Template – so you can effectively and efficiently create and execute test cases and test scenarios, long after you’ve completed the course.
- A step-by-step guide to creating a custom defect tracker in SharePoint.
I’m not just the instructor who wrote this course, I will also act as both a resource and a mentor to guide you to a long and rewarding career in Business Analysis!
Why should I enroll?
If you’re an aspiring Business Analyst these skills will give your resume a huge boost as well as provide you with the knowledge to confidently answer any related interview questions.
For current Business Analysts, these skills will result in more successful projects as you’ll be able to reduce bugs and assist and run your own software tests – showing your organizations just how much value they are getting out of you.
Finally, I believe in respecting my students’ time – and I want to teach you what you need to know to successfully utilize these models without bogging you down in unnecessary details or theory. That’s why the software testing processes taught in this course are taught with no fluff added.
Still not convinced?
★★★★★ "An educative and enlightening course, the instructor's explanation of each process was clear, precise and well understood.” - Fredrick
★★★★★ “Very good step by step tutorial! I able to implement it at work straight away!” – Lydia
And if you’re still not sure – here’s my promise to you:
This course comes with a 30-day money back guarantee! That means, if you aren’t completely satisfied with your purchase, I’ll give you a refund – no questions asked!
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to use the skills and techniques you’ve learned to run your own tests processes accurately and efficiently.
So, if you’re ready to become the kind of multi-skilled Business Analyst that organizations are increasingly looking for, then enroll today and start learning the fundamental software testing processes and techniques you need.
Come learn with more than 330,000 students from around the world!
Hello! My name is Jeremy Aschenbrenner, but many know me better as The BA Guide, and I'm happy you are here.
I’m a veteran Business Analyst with thousands of projects completed throughout my career. I've managed business analysis projects for companies in diverse industries including health care, telecom, automotive, transportation, consumer packaged goods, car rental agency, food and beverage, financial services, consulting, and more.
Through personal experience, I quickly learned that business analysis can be confusing and even intimidating. There’s endless business jargon, technical terms, techniques, and methodologies to learn, and countless visual diagrams, artifacts, elicitation sessions, interfaces, and KPIs to wrap your head around. I’ve been there and learned all of that. Many years ago, I also learned a valuable lesson about myself: I really enjoy mentoring others. This was the inspiration for The BA Guide.
Here is where I come in and offer guidance.
I take that broad world of business analysis and build a structure and processes within it. I then break down those individual segments until they are easy to understand by using real-life examples and scenarios to make them relatable. Finally, to help solidify and reinforce your knowledge and understanding of these key concepts and processes, I follow up with activities and quizzes.
Whether you’re an aspiring or current Business Analyst, The BA Guide courses are created with you, the learner, in mind. By design, the courses I’ve created are optimized for flexible learning in video format so you can learn at your own pace, when it’s convenient for you.
If your goal is to explore the world of business analysis or upskill and advance your career, whether that be as a Business Analyst, an Agile Analyst, a Process Analyst, a Product Owner, an AMAZING Administrator, or anything in-between, I'd love to help.
Feel free to post on the course Q&A board, message me on Udemy, or connect with me on social media. I look forward to helping you reach your personal and professional goals.
"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't – you're right." - Henry Ford